Social media can often be a double-edged sword, especially for the rich and famous. While it’s a great way to connect with their fans, it can also be a platform to showcase their not-so-humble lifestyles. Here are 20 extremely out-of-touch tweets by rich people that left us cringing.
1. “Just bought a new island, who needs vacation plans? #Blessed”
This billionaire decided to share their recent purchase of a private island, completely disregarding that most people can’t even afford a vacation. It’s hard to relate when you’re living a life of luxury and exotic destinations are just a swipe away on your credit card.
2. “The struggle is real when you can’t decide which private jet to take today. #DecisionsDecisions”
A wealthy individual laments the oh-so-difficult decision of choosing between multiple private jets. Meanwhile, the rest of us are scrambling to find the best deal on a commercial flight or planning a road trip to save money.
3. “Why would anyone ever fly commercial? #PrivateJetLife”
Here, our out-of-touch tweeter simply cannot fathom why people would ever choose to fly with the general public. It seems they’ve forgotten that private jets are not a feasible option for the vast majority of people due to their exorbitant costs.
4. “Is it just me, or is it impossible to find good help these days? #FirstWorldProblems”
Most of us will never face the struggle of finding the perfect staff for our luxurious homes. It’s an entirely different world when your biggest concern is finding a top-notch butler or private chef.
5. “I wish I could relate to people with 9-5 jobs. #WorkFromYacht”
While enjoying the freedom of working from a yacht, our wealthy friend expresses his inability to understand the daily grind of a typical job. It’s a level of disconnect that shows a lack of understanding of everyday struggles.
6. “My new car doesn’t fit in my garage, time for a bigger house! #Upgrading”
This individual’s problem of having a car too big for their current garage isn’t something most people can relate to. Instead of considering a smaller car, the solution is simply to buy a bigger house – a luxury that most can only dream of.
7. “Ran out of space for my shoe collection. Time to buy another mansion! #ShoeAddict”
Our wealthy tweeter here casually mentions buying a new mansion just to accommodate their growing shoe collection. It’s a stark reminder that their spending habits are miles apart from the average person’s.
8. “Can’t decide which country to visit next month. #TravelProblems”
The rich individual seems unaware that many people cannot even afford an annual vacation, let alone choose which country to visit next month. It’s another example of their disconnect from reality.
9. “Just spent $50,000 on a new watch, but it doesn’t match my outfit. #FashionCrisis”
Spending an obscene amount of money on a watch that doesn’t match an outfit might be a crisis for this wealthy tweeter, but it’s a far cry from the financial concerns most people face. It’s hard to empathize with such trivial problems.
10. “Tired of caviar for breakfast, time to switch to truffles! #Foodie”
Our out-of-touch friend here casually discusses their breakfast options as if everyone has the luxury of eating caviar and truffles on a regular basis. It’s a perfect example of being completely disconnected from the reality of most people’s daily meals.
11. “Just hired a personal assistant for my dog. #PamperedPooch”
This wealthy individual thought it necessary to hire a personal assistant specifically for their dog, an expense that is simply unimaginable for the majority of pet owners. It highlights the vast difference in lifestyles between the rich and the average person.
12. “Why do people use public transportation? #LimoLife”
Public transportation is used by millions of people every single day, and this tweet demonstrates a complete lack of understanding for this. Not everyone can afford to travel in the comfort of a limousine, making this tweet incredibly out of touch.
13. “Just bought a painting for $1 million, but I don’t have any more wall space. #ArtCollectorProblems”
An art collector who owns a million-dollar painting tweets about the lack of wall space they have. It’s a far cry from the concerns most people have when decorating their homes, like finding affordable pieces that match their existing decor.
14. “Sometimes I forget how many homes I own. #RealEstateMogul”
This person casually mentions their vast real estate holdings, showing a complete disconnect from the reality that many people struggle just to afford one home. It’s a reminder of the massive wealth gap that exists between the rich and the average person.
15. “My personal chef is on vacation, so I have to eat at restaurants for a week. #RoughLife”
Because their personal chef is on vacation, the wealthy individual is forced to eat in restaurants for a week. It’s a stark contrast to the millions of people who consider eating out a special treat, not an inconvenience.
16. “Why do people complain about student loans? Just pay them off. #DebtFree”
Student loan debt is a complex issue that many people struggle to pay off, as illustrated in this tweet. It’s a clear demonstration of being out of touch with the real world.
17. “My walk-in closet is bigger than most people’s apartments. #LivingLarge”
It’s funny how our wealthy friend here brags about his walk-in closet, ignoring the fact that many people live in small apartments because of financial limitations. It’s another example of their insensitivity to the struggles of others.
18. “Just spent more on dinner than most people make in a month. #FineDining”
This individual boasts about their extravagant dinner bill, which is more than what many people make in a month. It’s a stark reminder of the disparity between the rich and the average person when it comes to spending habits.
19. “My kids’ private school tuition is more than most people’s salaries. #EducationMatters”
We have a wealthy tweeter who highlights the cost of their children’s private education, which many people cannot afford. It’s a testament to their disconnect from the financial struggles most families face when it comes to education.
20. “Why do people wait in line for hours to buy a new phone? Just pay someone to do it. #TimeIsMoney”
This tweet showcases a complete lack of understanding for the average person’s financial limitations. The idea of paying someone to wait in line for a new phone is simply not an option for most people, making this tweet incredibly out of touch.
These tweets serve as a stark reminder of the disparity between the rich and the average person. While it’s important to remember that not all wealthy individuals are out of touch with reality, these examples certainly highlight the need for more empathy and understanding. It’s crucial for everyone, regardless of their financial status, to recognize the struggles of others and strive to be more compassionate and aware of the world around them.
More from us:
These Republican Politicians All Do Not Support Donald Trump!
These Are Some Sure-fire Ways to Tell if Someone is a Democrat!
You might also like:
These Are Some Sure-fire Ways to Know if Someone is a Republican!